Playtime Activities Tip Sheet
For curious, young minds, playing is learning. Playtime is fundamental to your child’s early development, helping hone her cognitive, social, and emotional skills. Opportunities to play are everywhere! Here are a few ideas to integrate play into your daily routine with your toddler.
- While getting ready in the morning, let your child explore your closet (or theirs!)
- Involve your toddler in meal preparation
- Sing a song about toes, fingers, and noses during bath time
- Turn reading time into playtime
- Go on a scavenger hunt while out on a walk
- Play a game of "I-Spy" while shopping together
Every moment together is an opportunity for role play - all it takes is imagination.