Sing With Your Baby
Your baby loves to hear your voice, and singing together can help strengthen the bond you share with him or her. Singing songs can also help support your baby’s early brain and language development!
Here are a few tips to make the most out of singing together:
- Take time to look into your baby’s eyes and sing directly with him or her.
- You can sing at bedtime, at bath time, at playtime, during family visits, or even during daily activities like riding the subway, doing laundry, or taking a walk.
- Singing the same song over and over can help calm your baby and make him or her feel safe.
- Sing a song you remember or make up new words to a song you know.
- Is your baby being fussy? Singing silly songs or making silly sounds can help calm your baby (and yourself!).
Here are some ideas for words or topics you can include in your lullaby:
- Your baby’s name
- The names of people who love your baby
- Your baby’s favorite toy
- Your dreams and wishes for your baby
- Words related to nature (e.g., the stars, the moon, animals, etc.)
- What did you and your baby do today? What will you do tomorrow?
- Your favorite things to do together
- Things you love about your baby
Visit soundcloud.com/carnegiehalllullaby to listen to lullabies parents and caregivers have created for their babies.